RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or you may think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works."
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then move on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again look better than "here."
7. Others are merely a mirror of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something that you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. (editors note: Add "with the permission of HP", if so desired.) You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
Chérie Carter-Scott, Ph.D.
Sunlight of the Spirit-Main Page