Before I Criticize Before I engage in the arrogant practice of fault finding, I must first do the following:
1. Pause and be sure my heart is right. Do I really want to help or hinder? Which will I be doing?
2. Examine my own life to see that everything is in order. Would I be honest in condemning another while I need correction?
3. Try to put myself in his/her place. How would I be doing if I were bearing his/her load?
4. Remember Gods mercy toward me! How often have I asked for the mercy of God? Should I not extend it to him/her?
5. Consider the benevolence of others. My brethren have often borne with me in failure. Can I not now bear with him/her?
6. Remember how I was hurt when last criticized. How can I delight in inflicting that pain on another?
7. Pray for my brother and myself. I need to pray for him that he might overcome, and for myself that I might be forgiven for even considering sinning against him/her.
8. Go to my brother in humility and love. There I can confess my shortcomings and help him see the need for repentance in his life.
Submitted by R Patter
Sunlight of the Spirit-Main Page